I was recently lucky enough to find myself in ChicagoHaving been to a few US cities I kinda knew what to expect, however I still found myself surprised by 2 things.
1. Chicago is a great city, just the sort of place I could see myself living. It has everything and all within walking distance or a short ride on public transport. There is no real need to drive or take a cab.
2. My US colleagues seemed overly worried about our safety.There is a distinct air of fear stateside, we were constantly told about how Chicago is the murder capital of the US and how crime is a real problem etc. etc. but to be quite honest, other than a couple of people sleeping rough we saw nothing that was remotely off putting about the place. The people were friendly, we walked to and from the office every day and didn't experience so much as a honked horn.
Whilst in the office I was able to get up to a reasonably high vantage point and although this was nowhere near as high as the Willis (Sears) tower, it was high enough to allow me to try out my lensbaby composer.
No comments:
Post a Comment