Tonight was the final college class of the year, well it wasn't really a class at all.
Tonight was all about putting up our final images for the end of year exhibition as well as handing in our workbooks. Its been a busy week trying to make sure everything was finished as well as putting up work for the Barnaby Festival, all made worse "man-flu".
If I'm being frank I'm glad its all over, its not that i didn't enjoy the the opportunity to meet new people with a common interest (that's really the only reason I've done night classes over the last few years), but it more that i didn't feel engaged in the class as much as last year.
Maybe its down to the different teaching styles of last years tutors compared this this year, but last year i felt that they were more interested in taking photos, more interested in what photos you the student were taking, more interested in your enjoyment of what you are doing, they were very enthusiastic about the medium and the results that could be obtained.
This year it felt like the tutors were more interested in getting to the end of the class, and maybe to the end of the term, with at least 80% of the people that started in order to satisfy the targets.
N.B. I have written this blog post today 15th June 2011, however I am scheduling its automatic submission for some time in the future.
A time when my workbook will have been marked, when my final portfolio will have been marked, and when the external moderator has had his/her say. I wouldn't want to influence their decisions on my Pass or Fail based upon the bitter ramblings of someone who just wasn't "feeling it" this time around.
No comments:
Post a Comment