Wednesday, 12 January 2011

shutter

My Agfa Isollete II which I've had for a while now, has always been a bit on the slow side as far as the shutter is concerned.
Tonight when I got in I decided it was about time I did something about it.
So it was with great trepidation that I dismantled the the front of the camera, removing the focus ring, scale ring, shutter speed ring and both lens elements.
It was actually a great deal easier than I had expected and once I'd removed all the necessary parts a liberal squirt of lighter fluid was applied to the shutter mechanism to give it a good clean.
I now have a shutter that when set to 1/300 responds like 1/300 and not B. It does smell a bit of lighter fluid though.


The image below was taken with the camera in bits.

I only wish I'd done this a long time ago.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment